Shattered 2023 Exhibition
- Location: Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar
- Date: 20 September 2023 - 7 May 2024
- Time: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Check it out - It's free! Check it out - It's free!
- Website: https://mia.org.qa/en/calendar/shattered-2023/?_gl=1*t9y6sv*_ga*MjE0NzA0NTY4Mi4xNjk0NDEyODU3*_ga_3XB9X561TQ*MTY5NDkzMDcxMi4yLjEuMTY5NDkzMTU2My40OC4wLjA.
Within the contemplative context of the Museum of Islamic Art's Damascus Room, a captivating installation unfolds, a collection of exquisitely formed glass birds created by Turkish artist Feleksan Onar.
In this thought-provoking installation, Turkish artist Feleksan Onar’s artistic lens zooms in on the tragedies behind the recent earthquakes that devastated Southeast Turkey and Northern Syria, which resulted in over 55,000 casualties. Onar’s work deals with human displacement, and her creative journey explores the profound impact that political unrest, war and natural disasters have on people.
Feleksan Onar was born in 1966 and raised in Turkey. She works between Istanbul, Berlin, Venice and New York. Her work has been exhibited at the Pergamon Museum, Berlin; the Victoria and Albert Museum, London; and the Dresden State Art Collections, Dresden.
- 20 September 2023 - 7 May 2024
- Free with museum admission.
- Museum hours:
Saturday to Thursday: 9 am - 7 pm
Fridays: 1:30 - 7 pm
Source: Museum of Islamic Art, Qatar
You Might Like It
- Qatar National Convention Centre, Auditorium 3, Ar-Rayyan, Qatar
- 30 September 2023
- 07:30 pm - 09:30 pm
- Different locations in Qatar (Check below)
- 2 September 2023 - 30 September 2023
- 11:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Exhibition hall, Cultural Zone at Expo 2023 Doha
- 20 November 2023 - 25 November 2023
- 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Creative Learning Space - M7 Qatar
- 20 September 2023 - 8 November 2023
- 06:30 pm - 08:30 pm