Picasso’s Studios at The Fire Station
- Location: Fire Station Gallery
- Date: 1 July 2020 - 1 November 2020
- Time: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Residents - It's free! Students - 25QR
- Website: https://visit.qm.org.qa
(Cover image: The Sideboard at Vauvenargues Cannes-Vauvenargues, 23 March 1959 – 23 January 1960, Oil on canvas, Musée national Picasso – Paris, Dation Pablo Picasso, 1979. MP214 © Succession Picasso 2020)
Qatar Museums reopened the Fire Station: Artist in Residence and unveil the special exhibition Picasso’s Studios in the Garage Gallery. The exhibition features 108 extraordinary artworks by Pablo Picasso selected from the unparalleled collection of the Musée national Picasso in Paris, including paintings, sculptures, drawings, prints and ceramics. On view through November 1, 2020, the innovative exhibition traces the evolution of Picasso’s epoch-making art by presenting it in eight distinct galleries, representing the series of studios where he worked throughout his career.
Picasso’s Studios is curated by Virginie Perdrisot-Cassan, Curator of Paintings (1921-1973), Sculptures and Ceramics at the Musée national Picasso-Paris.
Fire Station Artist in Residence Hours, Tickets and Visitor Guidelines
- Beginning on 1 July 2020 the Garage Gallery at the Fire Station: Artist in Residence is open from Sunday through Thursday, between the hours of 9 am to 3 pm.
- In keeping with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Public Health, a limited number of visitors and staff will be allowed in the Garage Gallery space at a time. Visitors will be required to reserve tickets in advance on the Qatar Museums website https://visit.qm.org.qa
- Upon arrival visitors will be required to present a “green” health status on the Ehteraz virus-tracing app. Masks are required for all visitors (12 years of age and older).
- Each person will also be checked for a normal temperature reading at the entrance. Visitors who have a temperature or do not have a mask will not be allowed into the Fire Station: Artist in Residence.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the location encouraging visitors to keep their hands clean. Signage reminding visitors to keep a safe distance from other visitors will also be visible on-site.
- Cloakrooms will be unavailable during this period.
- In addition, interactive features such as touchscreens will be temporarily removed, and gallery guides will be offered online only.
You Might Like It
- This event is virtual. Qatar
- 16 September 2020 - 16 September 2020
- 04:00 pm - 05:30 pm
- This event is online. Qatar
- 19 September 2020 - 19 September 2020
- 04:30 pm - 06:00 pm
- This meetup is virtual. Qatar
- 12 September 2020 - 12 September 2020
- 08:00 pm - 09:00 pm