Qatar Museums opening hours for Phase 2
- Location: Qatar
- Date: 1 July 2020 - 31 October 2020
- Time: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Prior online book required - It's free!
- Website: https://visit.qm.org.qa/
Museums and galleries opening on 1 July include the Museum of Islamic Art, Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art and the Garage Gallery at the Doha Fire Station.
Heritage sites that are opening include Al Zubarah, Al Jassasiya and Barzan Towers.
Museum gift shops will be open and cafes will offer limited service during museum opening hours.
The NMoQ gift shops will also be open, though the NMoQ galleries will remain closed as the museum undergoes maintenance work. During this initial phase, public programs, group tours and special events will remain suspended, and QM’s playgrounds, libraries, and parks (including MIA Park) will remain closed for the first phase.
In keeping with the guidelines set by the Ministry of Public Health, a limited number of visitors and staff will be allowed inside each museum.
The museums and heritage sites will be open from:
Days: Sunday through Thursday
Timings: 9 am to 3 pm.
- Visitors will be required to reserve tickets in advance on the QM website.
- Upon arrival at the museum, ticketholders must present a “green” health status on the Ehteraz virus-tracing app.
- Each person will also be checked for a normal temperature reading at the entrance.
- Visitors (12 years of age and above) will be required to bring and wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the location encouraging visitors to keep their hands clean.
- Signage reminding visitors to keep a safe distance from other visitors will also be visible on-site.
- Cloakrooms will be unavailable during this period.
- In addition, interactive features at each museum such as touchscreens will be temporarily removed, and gallery guides will be offered online only.
You Might Like It
- This event is virtual. Qatar
- 16 September 2020 - 16 September 2020
- 04:00 pm - 05:30 pm
- This event is online. Qatar
- 19 September 2020 - 19 September 2020
- 04:30 pm - 06:00 pm
- Doha, Qatar Doha Qatar
- 12 September 2020 - 12 September 2020
- 08:00 pm - 09:30 pm