Qatar National Library events for August 2020
- Location: Qatar National Library
- Date: 10 August 2020 - 15 August 2020
- Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Online registration required - It's free!
- Website: https://www.qnl.qa/en/events
Qatar National Library will hold in August a set of various activities focusing on aspects of the Gulf heritage and Arabic manuscripts, as well as traditional crafts and communication skills with children with special needs and promoting sustainable development goals.
- On August 10, from 2 pm to 3 pm, Qatar National Library will organize a workshop aiming to learn about accessible apps for parents to support children with autism. These provide visual cues to aid communication and helping children learn numbers, colours, shapes and sizes. These apps can help kids to learn to better identify objects and practice social exchanges. For more information on this event, click HERE!
- On August 11, from 5 pm to 6 pm, Qatar National Library will organize an online introduction to Al-Nagda, one of the oldest Gulf heritage crafts. The workshop aims to learn about the art of embroidering local fabrics and costumes with silver and golden wires to add a smooth artistic and aesthetic touch. The workshop explains the concept of Al-Nagda and its history and important role in Gulf culture. It will show the tools and fabrics that were used in sewing it in the past, along with a presentation of drawings and types of Al-Nagda designs. For more information on this event, click HERE!
- On August 12, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm, the Library will run a lecture entitled Preventive Measures to Preserve Arabic Manuscripts: Reality and Prospects, held in collaboration with the National Laboratory for Manuscript and Parchment Preservation and Restoration in Tunisia. For more information on this event, click HERE!
- On August 13, from 4 pm to 6 pm, the Library will organize a workshop to learn how the current pandemic has been a catalyst for change in library services around the world. For more information on this event, click HERE!
- On August 15, from 4 pm to 6 pm, QNL will organize a workshop on the impact of Covid-19 on Sustainable Development Goals, the blueprint by the UN which aims to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. For more information on this event, click HERE!
- The Library will run a lecture on August 18, looking at the textual structure of Arabic manuscript, led by Mahmoud Zaki, the Library's Manuscript Librarian. This is the third of a series of lectures and talks providing readings of rare historical works from our Heritage Library's collection of manuscripts. The series is a great opportunity to explore the rich collection and its masterworks, along with the Heritage Library's digital and virtual services. For more information on this event, click HERE!
You Might Like It
- This event is virtual. Qatar
- 16 September 2020 - 16 September 2020
- 04:00 pm - 05:30 pm
- This event is online. Qatar
- 19 September 2020 - 19 September 2020
- 04:30 pm - 06:00 pm
- This meetup is virtual. Qatar
- 12 September 2020 - 12 September 2020
- 08:00 pm - 09:00 pm