Yto Barrada's Exhibition at Mathaf Museums
- Location: Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art
- Date: 2 August 2020 - 30 November 2020
- Time: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Ticket Purchase: Online
- Price: Resident - 25QR Visitor - 50QR
- Website: http://www.mathaf.org.qa/en/visit
Currently displayed at Mathaf is Yto Barrada's exhibition composed of photographs, films, videos, sculptures, prints, and fabric works that focus on "threads of regeneration and growth in social and geological transformation". The works highlight the importance of the vernacular in processes of decomposition and revival, drawing on histories of nation-building and post-independence strategies of resistance in social and domestic life.
An award-winning artist who has also held numerous solo exhibitions internationally, Moroccan-French artist Yto Barrada’s work engages with self-education, architecture, palaeontology, botany, and modernist histories, in order to explore forms of knowledge production.
Book your ticket here: https://visit.qm.org.qa/arab-museum-of-modern-art#tkttb-exhibition
Upon arrival at the museum, ticketholders must present a “green” health status on the Ehteraz virus-tracing app. Each person will also be checked for a normal temperature reading at the entrance.
Visitors (12 years of age and above) are required to bring and wear a mask. Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the location encouraging visitors to keep their hands clean. Signage reminding visitors to keep a safe distance from other visitors is also be visible on site.
Source: Mathaf Museums
You Might Like It
- Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex Doha Qatar
- 28 September 2020 - 8 October 2020
- 04:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Qatar Qatar
- 6 October 2020 - 20 October 2020
- 12:00 am - 12:00 am
- Qatar Sport Accelerator, Doha, Qatar Doha Qatar
- 8 October 2020 - 11 October 2020
- 12:00 pm - 07:30 pm